[Ohiogift] Latest newsletter from the National History Club

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Wed Apr 29 15:55:53 EDT 2020

| National History Club News |
| a partner of HISTORY® | April 2020 |

 Mount Holyoke College University of Tulsa

|   |

Virtual History Tours     Are you looking for ways to break up the day to day routine with a virtual visit to a history museum, art gallery, or historical site both locally and globally? HistoryView Virtual Tours are a great way to get some historical satisfaction in a time of relative isolation.  Go deep into some of the many historical sites doting our landscape, ranging from the Lincoln Memorial to the King Tut Museum to the Rosa Parks Bus exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum.   This is a great way for students and history clubs to stay active and continue their studies while schools remain closed!  Explore These Museums Today!   |

     Read The NHC Winter Newsletter     Click Here to Read!
          NHC Sponsors
   -  American Association for State and Local History
   -  American Civil War Museum
   -  American Historical Association
   -  Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles
   -  George Washington's Mount Vernon
   -  Gilder Lehrman Institute
   -  HISTORY
   -  History 500
   -  Laurel Hill Cemetery
   -  National Council for History Education
   -  National Vietnam War Museum
   -  National World War I Museum
   -  National World War II Museum
   -  Omohundro Institute
   -  Organization of American Historians
   -  Society of Architectural Historians
   -  The History List
   -  The Concord Review
   -  Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
   -  Woodrom Wilson Presidential Library and Museum

|   |

|   |
|   |
|   |

| Mount Holyoke College |
|   |     History is a critical and analytical method of inquiry into our collective past based on our cumulative experience, informed understanding, and careful judgment. Using evidence from the past, historians investigate the relationship between cause and effect and between agency and responsibility to understand better how things change over time. These general habits of sorting through the past allow us to appreciate the profound differences between ourselves and others and to imagine (and to some degree experience) the world as those have in times now lost and in places we shall never see.   The requirements for a major in history at Mount Holyoke College emphasize both a broad exposure to different time periods and regions of the world, as well as a rigorous engagement with the practice of history as a discipline grounded in the use of primary sources. The department further encourages independent study by funding student research projects, both locally and internationally.   In addition to our Department faculty, historians can be found in many guises, including in other affiliated departments at Mount Holyoke College, for example in the Departments of Classics and Italian, Environmental Study, and Biological Sciences. Additional classroom opportunities for our students are also available through courses offered throughout the Five College campuses (Amherst College, Hampshire College, Smith College, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst).    |
|   | Find Out More Information! |
|   |

| University of Tulsa |
|   |     The University of Tulsa's Department of History in the Kendall College of Arts and Sciences features specialization in one or more of the following geographical areas: Europe, the United States, Latin America, and Asia. Our award-winning faculty teach students to think critically, creatively, and comparatively. With small classes, ranging from 10 to 25 students, faculty and students engage in lively discussions about enduring problems - like poverty, war, racism, and sexism - that are politically and culturally relevant to today's world.   History is a major component of the interdisciplinary programs offered in African American Studies, Classical Studies, Global Scholars, the Honors Program, Museum Studies, and Women's and Gender Studies. Many history majors integrate study abroad opportunities into their degree plan.   The department's strengths include premodern and modern Europe; Colonial America; the American Revolution, the Civil War and Reconstruction; Native America and the American West; Latin America and the Atlantic World; traditional and contemporary East Asia; women's and gender history; U.S. and Latin American film history.    |
|   | Come visit the Tulsa History Department Today! |
|   |

|  |
|    :: rnasson at nationalhistoryclub.org   :: http://www.nationalhistoryclub.org    |
|  |
|     |
|  |

|  |

| National History Club, Inc., P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 |

 |  |