[Ohiogift] Invitation to 2019 Davidson Fellows Reception for young scholars

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Wed Sep 4 13:51:19 EDT 2019

| If you have problems with this email, please view the   online version.

|   |

|   The Davidson Institute for Talent Development

 cordially invites you and a guest to a reception honoring the

 2019 Davidson Fellows

 Please join us as we recognize these young people
 for their extraordinary achievements in
 Engineering, Literature, Mathematics, Music, Science and Technology.

 Friday, September 27, 2019
 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

 Smithsonian Institution National Museum of the American Indian
 4th Street & Independence Avenue, S.W.
 Washington, D.C.

 Business or Cocktail Attire

Please RSVP by Wednesday, September 18 to
   RSVPfellows at DavidsonGifted.org

  2019 Davidson Fellow Laureates
Scholarship Award: $50,000

Miss Cynthia Chen
 Science: Decoding Neural Networks: Novel Computational Methods to Discover Anti-Tumor B Cell Receptor Binding Motifs
 Cupertino, California

 Mr. Varun Kumar
 Science:Dihydrotanshinone: A Pan-Therapeutic Treatment for Chemoresistance in Cancer
 Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey

 Miss Natasha Maniar
 Technology:MapAF: Deep Learning to Improve Therapy of Complex Human Heart Rhythm Abnormalities
 Sunnyvale, California

 Miss Charlotte Marckx
 Music: The Pursuit of Mastery
  Bellevue, Washington

 2019 Davidson Fellows
Scholarship Award: $25,000

Mr. Aayush Karan
 Mathematics:  Generating Set for Nonzero Determinant Links Under Skein Relation
  Muskego, Wisconsin

 Mr. Neeyanth Kopparapu
  Technology:  MRI Image Synthesis for the Diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease Using Deep Learning
 Herndon, Virginia

 Miss Roey Leonard
 Literature:  Flesh of My Flesh, Bone of My Bones
 Charleston, South Carolina

 Miss Siona Prasad
 Science:  Characterizing Uncertainty in Urban Inversions of Carbon Sources / Sinks Using Low Cost  Sensor Measurements
 Vienna, Virginia

 Miss Isha Puri
   Technology:  A Scalable and Freely Accessible Machine Learning Based Application for the Early Detection of Dyslexia
Chappaqua, New York

 Miss Rachel Seevers
 Engineering:  The Virtual Winglet: A Novel Approach to Boundary Layer Manipulation and Wingtip Vortex  Suppression
 Lexington, Kentucky

 Mr. William Wang
  Science:  Red Photoluminescent Europium-Doped Yttrium Oxide Nanostructures as LED Photon Down-Converters
 Tulsa, Oklahoma

 Miss Madeleine Yang
 Engineering: Enabling M2-incorporated Influenza Virus-like Particles (VLPs) as a Potential Universal Influenza Vaccine
 Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

 Scholarship Award: $10,000

 Miss Aryia Dattamajumdar
 Engineering:  An Early Warning AI-Powered Portable System to Reduce Workload and Inspect Environmental Damage After Natural Disasters
 Sunnyvale, California

 Mr. Evan Hu
 Music:  Inspiring Hope, Note by Note
 Potomac, Maryland

 Miss Hiba Hussain
 Science: Non-Invasive, Low-Cost Diagnosis of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease via Smartphone Breath Analysis
 Old Greenwich, Connecticut

 Mr. Vishnu Polkampally
  Science:  Utilizing Sugar Derived Glassy Matrices to Test a Controversial Mechanism for N2O3 Production within the Red Blood Cell
 Ossining, New York

 Miss Anna Quinlan
 Engineering: A Low Cost, Closed Loop Insulin Pump for the Better Management of Types 1 and 2 Diabetes Mellitus
 Atherton, California

 Mr. Ari Willner
 Engineering:  Scalable and Reconfigurable Optical Tap-Delay-Line for Multichannel Equalization and Correlation of 20-Gbaud QPSK Signals Using Nonlinear Wave Mixing and a Microresonator Kerr Frequency Comb
 Los Angeles, California

 Mr. Brian Wu
 Science: Tatooine Found! Discovery and Characterization of the First-Ever Circumbinary Planet Detected Using  Doppler Spectroscopy
 Scarsdale, New York

 Mr. Daniel Zhu
 Mathematics:  On the Okounkov-Olshanski Formula for the Number of Skew Shapes
 Potomac, Maryland |

|  If you have information to include in a future newsletter, please contact us at admin at davidsongifted.org.

 If you have been forwarded this newsletter, and wish to receive future editions, sign-up here.  |

|   Davidson Institute for Talent Development
  Supporting our nation's brightest young minds
 Reno, Nevada
 DavidsonGifted.org
 administrator at davidsongifted.org

 To subscribe, visit the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update archive page.

Connect with us! |