[Ohiogift] The latest National History Club 2019 Newsletter

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Mon Mar 4 13:44:36 EST 2019

|  |

| I am simply one who loves the past and who is diligent in investigating it - Confucius

|   |

| National History Club Winter Newsletter!

| We are happy to share with you our Winter Newsletter, which features the latest in exciting happenings from history clubs throughout the United States! Our front-page article is written by author and historian Gary Powers Jr., whose father was part of one of the most talked-about events of the Cold War when his U-2 spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union. There are also many chapter updates from this winter, details about the 5th annual Lessons of Leadership contest, information about the 15th annual "History Student of the Year" award, and more on the Ashbrook Academy for high school students. |

|  Read the Newsletter! |

|  |

|  |  |

History Student of the Year Award

This Spring the NHC and George Washington's Mount Vernon will again co-sponsor the "History Student of the Year" prize. Each chapter will choose one recipient, and s/he will receive an autographed copy of Buried Lives by Carla McClafferty. This is the 15th year of the partnership between Mount Vernon and the NHC to sponsor this prestigious award.
Nominate your student today! |

|  |

|  |  |

Lessons of Leadership Contest
With the support of The HBE Foundation, the NHC encourages student members to select a historical figure and examine how that person displayed courage and conviction with a decision they made or throughout his/her life. Contest entries can be submitted in any three of the following formats: 1) an essay 2) a documentary or PowerPoint presentation or 3) a website. $5,000 in cash prizes distributed to five winners!
 Find out more about the Contest

|  |

| National History Club, P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 --- www.nationalhistoryclub.org

 |  |