[Ohiogift] Cognitive Testing for ESL Students

Angie Horvath horvath at bcs-k12.org
Mon Oct 29 15:03:11 EDT 2018

Hello,

We have recently had a lot of Spanish speaking students move into our district.  I would like to provide superior cognitive screening for these students.  Does anyone have an ESL nonverbal test that they have used that they really like?  In addition, is there one you have used that you feel is not as valid?

We own the NNAT (Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test).  Any feedback on the validity of the scores obtained from the use of this test would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Angie

Angie Horvath

Coordinator of Gifted Services