[Ohiogift] Ohio lawmakers plan school funding fix

Ann Sheldon anngift at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 09:49:03 EDT 2018

I actually participated in the special ed, gifted, ELL sub group of the school funding work group mentioned in the article. The work group ended shortly about the same time ODE put out its gifted education funding study. The recommendations to the full group were left undetermined. To read the ODE funding study as well as OAGC’s response, please go to http://oagc.com/advocacyUpdates.asp <http://oagc.com/advocacyUpdates.asp> and scroll down to the “2018 gifted funding study” area.

Jerry is right that gifted advocates need to talk to their Ohio representatives and senators not just about gifted funding but the lack of accountability for those funds.

Ann