[Ohiogift] Gifted endorsement questions

Kimberly Clayton-Code CODEK at nku.edu
Wed Nov 1 16:30:14 EDT 2017

We have an asynchronous, online endorsement and micro-credential in gifted and talented education at Northern Kentucky University. Our next course, EDG 623 Teaching Creative and Higher Level Thinking begins in January (see attached).

Teachers in past years have had the NKU courses accepted by the Ohio Department of Education.

Appended is a one-page information sheet to provide more information about our gifted and talented endorsement/micro-credential at NKU. The courses are offered and can be completed within one year.

There are several options in registering for the course, you can take it as part of the endorsement, as a micro-credential, or as a non-degree course.  To register:

1.       Submit the graduate application<https://www.nku.edu/admissions/graduate/admission-process.html> for admission; choose micro-credential as degree type and select the Gifted and Talented micro-credential. The application fee is waived!

2.       Submit your bachelor’s degree transcript with 2.5 cumulative GPA and register for classes.

If anyone would like more information about our program or any of the courses, please feel free to email me at codek at nku.edu.

Hope you have a wonderful afternoon,

Kimberly

Kimberly P. Clayton-Code, PhD

Professor, Gifted and Talented Education/Social Studies Education

Director, Institute for Talent Development and Gifted Studies

MEP 282

859-572-6685

https://giftedsources.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnpAyP6nwCI