[Ohiogift] Julia Robinson Math Festival - PLEASE SHARE

Ann Sheldon anngift at aol.com
Thu Mar 9 08:25:26 EST 2017

>From Raj Shaw:

I would love to get your help in promoting the Julia Robinson Math Festival (JRMF) to as many 4th-10th graders as possible. Julia Robinson Mathematics Festivals inspire students to explore the richness and beauty of mathematics through activities that encourage collaborative, creative problem-solving.

The festival will be held on Saturday April 29th from 1pm to 5pm at the PAST Innovation Lab (1003 Kinnear Road). The cost is $10 (which can be waived by simply clicking a button on the registration form). Students can register here: https://festival.mathplusacademy.com

Students will be immersed in mathematical problem solving. They can choose to engage with any problem they like under the guidance of a math professor, teacher, or grad student. It is an open house type event so students can come at any time.

Last year we had over 250 students attend. We hope to exceed 300 students this year!

I have attached a flyer for the event. If you could share it within your networks, that would be greatly appreciated!

I’m also looking for volunteers to help at the math tables. If you can be there, please let me know. There is a $50 honorarium for volunteers.

Lastly, if you have any advice for how I can share this more broadly, please let me know.

Thanks!

Raj Shah, Ph.D.
Math Plus Academy
o: 614-792-6284
c: 614-787-4741
mathplusacademy.com
raj at mathplusacademy.com

Central Ohio’s #1 Tech Camps: summercamps.mathplusacademy.com

Schedule a Free Math Assessment: www.mathplusacademy.com/book-assessment

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mathplusacademy