[Ohiogift] Financial aid

Kimberley Doucher kim at thecallendergroup.com
Mon Dec 19 09:31:14 EST 2016

We didn’t find any true ‘merit’ rewards for even top 15%.  In fact, many schools and scholarship processors have come out directly and said ‘top 10% only should apply; no consideration at all for rigor or differences in school processes.  Example:  Worthington and Dublin both rank every student who is graduated with higher than a 4.0 GPA as ‘1st in class’.

My daughter started taking honors high school classes in 7th grade – when ‘honors’ classes were only ranked on a 4.5 scale (not 5.0).  She maxed out the ‘rigor’ the whole way through and graduated with ‘only’ a 4.2 GPA.  This put her in the 12th% from Darby and she received NO merit scholarships from any Ohio school and wasn’t in consideration for ‘merit’ aid on a larger scale.  We’re better off with need-based aid at Cincinnati than any ‘merit’ option.  L

Kimberley A. Doucher, Esq.

+1.614.893.7743 (mobile)

NOTICE: This email message (including attachments) contains information which may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message or from any attachments that were sent with this email, and If you have received this email message in error, please advise the sender by email, and delete the message. Unauthorised disclosure and/or use of information contained in this email may result in civil and criminal liability.