[Ohiogift] Financial aid

Anne Flick anneflick at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 19:16:23 EST 2016

Probably not the response you want, but Mark Kantrowitz points out that the real merit money comes from the college one attends.  Outside scholarships are so negligible as a percentage of awards and can be so demanding in terms of time and effort that they are not worth that investment of time and effort.
A gifted student's #1 scholarship strategy should be to research schools with generous merit aid and where the student's own scores fall in the top 25% of recent freshman classes.
Another option is to prepare for the PSAT to earn NMSF, if the student would be happy at one of the dozens of schools that offer lucrative NM packages (full ride + in some cases).
Anne

I posted a note this weekend about financial aid and an app that some are using, but haven't seen any solid response.  I wonder if anyone has had experience with it?
Terry Adams