[Ohiogift] Fwd: Input on Standards needed!

Colleen Boyle, PhD boyleconsulting at me.com
Tue Aug 23 07:54:45 EDT 2016

Good morning, Ohio, Gifted Advocates!

ODE has released the newest draft of proposed changes to the gifted operating standards.  They are available for review on their website, and they are accepting public comment until September 2. The direct link to the documents and public comment can be found here:
https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Other-Resources/Gifted-Education/Rules-Regulations-and-Policies-for-Gifted-Educatio <https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Other-Resources/Gifted-Education/Rules-Regulations-and-Policies-for-Gifted-Educatio>

OAGC will be developing an official response right away to share with our members and the State Board of Education.  We need your input!  I have attached the draft released this week along with the comparison chart put out by ODE and the recommendations from OAGC last fall when the last draft was presented to the board.  As you review it, look for places where the new draft incorporates our requests, ares that can be tweaked a little to make them stronger, and major areas for improvement.  (Quick glance - major improvements are there for ID, gifted personnel qualifications, WEPs.  Still some concerns about minutes, general education teachers qualifications, an accountability.)

Please submit any feedback you have for consideration in the OAGC position to Ann Sheldon (AnnGift at aol.com <mailto:AnnGift at aol.com>) no later than this Thursday, September 25.  Also, be on the lookout for an Advocacy Alert from Ann Sheldon within the next couple of days.

Thank you, all!

: )  Colleen

Colleen Boyle
Ohio Association for Gifted Children, President
boyleconsulting at me.com <mailto:boyleconsulting at me.com>