[Ohiogift] (no subject)

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 14:04:36 EDT 2016

Friends:

Below is a link to and excerpt from a blog post on the "Finding Common Ground" blog of Education Week.  Note that the list doesn't actually come from gifted students but was written by the blogger.

14 Things Gifted Students Want Teachers to Know By Peter DeWitt on July 4, 2016 4:05 AM

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/finding_common_ground/2016/07/14_things_gifted_students_want_teachers_to_know.html?cmp=eml-enl-eu-news2

"I'm not really good at mentoring struggling students. I skip steps in math and reading comes very easy to me. Both of us end up frustrated and I miss out on learning time. Saying that teaching a subject will make me understand it thoroughly is bunk. I'm not the student who needs that!"

Incidentally, students' own thoughts about gifted education can be found on a post from Tamara Fisher's "Unwrapping the Gifted" at http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/unwrapping_the_gifted/2013/03/ten_ways_gifted_education_has_helped_me.html

Margaret