[Ohiogift] National History Club News Update - May 2016

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Fri May 20 16:26:11 EDT 2016

I am simply one who loves the past and who is diligent in investigating it - Confucius

National History Club Spring Newsletter!

We are happy to share with you our Spring Newsletter, which features a handful of really interesting Chapter accounts from the past few months! Our moving front-page article is written by Estelle Laughlin, a Holocaust survivor and author of "Transcending Darkness: A Girl's Journey out of the Holocaust".

Additionally, this Newsletter highlights our award programs from this spring: the "History Student of the Year", the Lessons of Leadership contest, the National History Scholars Society, the National Advisor of the Year award, and the National Chapters of the Year.

 Read the Newsletter!

Lessons of Leadership Contest

The NHC and the HBE Foundation presented the 3rd annual Lessons of Leadership Contest, which invited student members of the NHC to select an elected official and describe how this person risked his or her career making a decision that was at odds with public opinion.

 View the winning essay on Yitzhak Rabin!

"History Student of the Year "

This Spring the NHC and George's Washington Mount Vernon once again co-sponsored the "History Student of the Year" award. The book prize this year was an autographed hardcover copy of George Washington's Journey: The President Forges a New Nation by T.H. Breen.

Click here to view the recipients!

National History Club, P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 --- www.nationalhistoryclub.org

National History Club, Inc., 153 Milk Street, Suite #410, Boston, MA 02109