[Ohiogift] Mark Bohland's question

Petry, Nell petryn at piqua.org
Thu Feb 25 14:06:53 EST 2016

Here in Piqua we have done the math subject acceleration over the last four
years and the biggest downside we have seen is that we have to have a GIS
working with these students all the way through to at least jr. school
because if we don't we do not see the growth we would expect.  Unless and
until regular classroom teachers are able to have ongoing support from a
GIS as well as gifted HQPD  and there is time, resources, and enough GIS's
to do this the growth factor will be our concern.  We have several years of
data that point to this and are working now to address it next year.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Nell L. Petry, PhD
Coordinator, Office of Gifted Services

Piqua City Schools - Where Opportunity Matters

937-773-4321 x 6715

We are Piqua!

individual or entity named.  The use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is
not authorized and may be unlawful.   Please notify the sender immediately
by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
from your system. Piqua City School District has taken reasonable
precautions to see that no viruses are present in the electronic mail.
Piqua City School District accepts no liability for any damage caused by
any virus transmitted by this email.