[Ohiogift] [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: OAGC Parent Day October 11

Karen Rohde krohde at berea.k12.oh.us
Fri Oct 2 10:37:49 EDT 2015

Columbus, Hilton at Easton
3900 Chagrin Drive; Columbus, OH 43219

From: "Cherese Fiorina via Ohiogift" <ohiogift at lists.osu.edu>
To: "aecrowder" <aecrowder at yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2015 8:07:10 AM
Subject: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [Ohiogift] OAGC Parent Day October 11

Where does this happen?

Cherese Fiorina
www.konabear.com
cheresefiorina at gmail.com

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Angela Grimm via Ohiogift < ohiogift at lists.osu.edu > wrote:

Dear Families and Educators:

I wanted to reach out and personally invite you to our OAGC Parent Day on Sunday, October 11.

    * First is our Division meeting at 12:30pm--ALL parents welcome! Perhaps suggest carpooling from your area.
    * Stephanie Tolan will be the bulk of the afternoon beginning at 2:30. I was literally moved to tears during her talk at NAGC a couple of years ago. She will keynote and then we have a Q&A with her.
    * Then a parent/professional panel on how to be an advocate for your child--from classroom level on up. The panel will be comprised of a professor from OU/parent, former Gifted Coordinator, Ann Sheldon (OAGC Director) and a parent or two. I will moderate.
    * We also have one of the authors from the new Fordham book called Failing Our Brightest Kids , a look into how the US is doing too little to educate students to achieve at high levels (note change in time to 7pm).

A great jam-packed day and it only costs $5!!!

Parent Day is a great opportunity to network and learn from other families--and often the educational/game vendors have set up early so you can buy from them.

Thanks for your help in promoting Parent Day--and please plan on attending the division meeting beforehand.

Attached is a flyer to email around and also attached is a .PNG photo you can use to post on social media.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions and hope to see you on October 11!

Best,

Angela Grimm
OAGC Parent Division Chair

Karen Rohde
Coordinator: Gifted Services, Testing
& English Language Learners

Department of Academic Affairs
Berea City School District
390 Fair Street
Berea, OH 44017-2308
Telephone : (216) 898-8300 ext. 6262
FAX : (216) 898-8551

This email is intended only for the addressee(s) and may contain material that is confidential under state and federal law. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Berea School District email is to be used only for school purposes. The District may monitor email to and from its network. This email and any response to it may be archived for later retrieval and may constitute a public record and therefore may be made available upon request in accordance with Ohio Public Records law (ORC 149.43).