[Ohiogift] NYTimes.com 2015-16 Student Contest Calendar

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Wed Sep 2 16:42:17 EDT 2015

From The New York Times, for gifted students with an array of interests and strengths:
Announcing Our 2015-16 Student Contest Calendar

"This year we’re bringing back our popular annual editorial, vocabulary, poetry, rap and summer reading contests, but we’re also adding two new contests to the roster," according to the Times.

A calendar of this school year’s contest dates to help you plan and to provide details:
http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/announcing-our-2015-16-student-contest-calendar/

The 2015-16 Student Contest Calendar:

Editorial Cartoon Contest | Sept. 17-Oct. 20
 Draw an editorial cartoon about a topic you care about.
Review Contest | Oct. 22-Nov. 24
 Review a book, movie, restaurant, album, video game, dance, TV show, art exhibit or any other kind of work The Times reviews.
Year in Rap Contest | Dec. 3-Jan. 12
 Write a rap about the year’s news.
Vocabulary Video Contest | Jan. 14-Feb. 23
 Produce a 15-second video about the meaning of one of our Words of the Day.
Editorial Contest | Feb. 25-March 29
 Write an editorial on an issue that matters to you.
Found Poetry Contest | March 31-May 3
 Create a poem composed from words and phrases found in Times articles.
Summer Reading Contest | June 10-Aug. 12
 We ask, “What interested you most in The Times this week?” each Friday for 10 weeks.

Via Jean Kremer
Jean.Kremer at mcesc.org