[Ohiogift] Parents aren't people?

Sandra Warren Sandra at arliebooks.com
Sat Aug 29 08:16:22 EDT 2015

This omission is incredibly disappointing.

We fought this battle back in the '80's. When we questioned the omission,
we were met with protestations that it just wasn't true, in fact, some
members of the NAGC board were offended that their sincerity towards
parents was questioned. But as then, actions speak louder than words!

Gifted education will never progress without parents and educators working
together, as *equals* in the battle.

It's really disappointing to see these things are still happening. We were
talked out of it in the '80's but maybe it's time to consider, once again,
a National Association for Parents of the Gifted.

Sandra Warren

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 1:31 AM, Margaret DeLacy via Ohiogift <
ohiogift at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> From the NAGC convention advertisement:
>

> Something For *EVERYONE* at the NAGC Convention....
>
> Are you still asking . . .  "What's In It For Me?" Check out the flyers
> (PDF) below to find yourself at the NAGC Convention! And please share and
> spread the word . . .
>
> Are You a/an . . .
>         Administrator
>         College and University Faculty or Educational Researcher
>         Counselor
>         Curriculum Coordinator
> Educators
> Elementary Educator
>         General Ed Classroom Teacher
>         Gifted Coordinator
>         Middle Grade Educator
> Secondary Educator
>

> Margaret comments:
>
> It's not too surprising that the NAGC is often criticized for being
> ineffective when it simply forgets that parents exist  .....

*NEW On Amazon:  We Bought a WWII Bomber: The Untold Story of a Michigan
High School, a B-17 Bomber & The Blue Ridge Parkway!*

Author of Arlie the Alligator and other books for children and adults!
www.sandrawarren.com
www.arliebooks.com
http://sandrawarrenwrites.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/SandraWarrenNC