[Ohiogift] Priorities, The Concord Review, and education

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Fri Jun 5 14:25:20 EDT 2015

 Friends:

I'm always puzzled by the lack of support for serious academics, as with The Concord Review and its singular distinction as the world's foremost journal for non-fiction writers in high school, although I did read of one donor this week giving $400 million to Harvard's engineering school (which, coincidentally and non-curiously, will be renamed for the benefactor).

Perhaps benefactors like this could give, oh, let's say $399 million to America's wealthiest school, and a token $1 million split among resources like The Concord Review and, I'm sure, others serving K-12 students.

In the meantime, TCR head Will Fitzhugh might have to consider renaming his journal The Hedge-Funders Concord Review, or maybe The McDonald's Concord Review or The Toyota Concord Review.

Best wishes, anyway, to those who, like Will, have their priorities straight.

Art Snyder
artsnyder44 at cs.com

 The Harvard donation story is here:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/03/investing/harvard-record-gift-400-million-john-paulson/index.html