[Ohiogift] Innovative Practice

Susan Rakow susanrakow at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 19:28:30 EST 2015

Karen- I'd be a lot more comfortable with this really cool idea if it wasn't named "genius hour".... Innovation hour, Special Interest hour, ingenuity hour... But Genius is such a loaded word. I understand why for this age group you need to give grades, though that seems in opposition to how true talent is cultivated. But which standards? Above grade level? Including the arts and technology? Creative thinking exercises like from Future Problem Solving? I'd love to hear more about how this works out... Are students grouped in any way? I'm worried you might end up running tutoring for kids who need it.....
Susan Rakow

Sent from my iPad