[Ohiogift] Innovative Practice

Wiley, Karen kwiley at kingslocal.net
Fri Mar 6 12:27:13 EST 2015

Effective with the 2015-2016 school year, all students in 5th and 6th
grades will now have Genius Hour as part of their regular specials
rotation.  While this is not an exclusively gifted service, it is truly
innovative to allow time during the school day to offer students a
supportive environment in which their passions are supported and nurtured.

I am credentialed with my GIS license, and will be the instructor for
Genius Hour.  I will be the teacher of record, and the class will be grade
based.  We are currently developing a standards-based course syllabus,
which will, among other things detail how students' growth will be
evaluated based on their competencies and project completion.  We look
forward to the gains students will realize during our upcoming Genius Hour!
Best,
Karen Wiley

Karen Wiley, 6th Grade Social Studies
Columbia Intermediate School
kwiley at kingslocal.net
513.398.8050 x13041

Columbia Intermediate...Be Nice Out There!