[Ohiogift] staff development payments?

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.osu.edu
Sun Nov 16 20:45:23 EST 2014

Friends:

Over the years we have had many wonderful conference presentations and I am wondering whether we might set up a Speaker's bureau to provide more accessible talks for teachers.  We are offering free presentations by members of our board for parents right now, but I thought some of our conference speakers might appreciate a chance to earn a small payment in exchange for a staff development or "inservice" presentation about a specific g/t topic to school staff.  These would be offered by people with teacher certification, though some of them might be retired or otherwise off duty.

Do you do anything similar?  Do you think school groups might be interested?  If so, what would be a reasonable charge for this to a school/district and what would be a reasonable payment to the speaker (I'm thinking our association would take a cut for arranging it)?  I'm not thinking about anything major, just a talk/workshop lasting an hour or so.

thanks,

Margaret