[Ohiogift] Supurior Cog reporting

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.osu.edu
Wed Nov 12 13:37:05 EST 2014

Help needed please.  If anyone has the norms book for the ITED, I would
appreciate you looking up something for me.  I already have his test
scored, but can't norm it.  We rarely use this test for this level, (maybe
once every 4 years), so I'd appreciate it if someone could help me get this
child's score.  Please let me know if you can help.
Thanks,
Sharon

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion
List <ohiogift at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Is a Superior Cog meant to fit in a
> Superior Wheel ?
>
> Will Fitzhugh
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Nov 11, 2014, at 15:15, Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List <
> ohiogift at lists.osu.edu> wrote:
>
>  I don't claim to have the official answer, but here's a thought:
>

> The gifted indicator includes how well SuperiorCognitives do in Math &
> Reading, even if they're not identified in Math or Reading.  So, an
> argument could be made (by someone other than me) that in the situation
> below, the student could be marked as served in Superior Cognitive.  As far
> as points on the grade card there's no difference between serving a student
> in SupCog or Sci.
>

> I found out in a previous year that the answer to the second question is
> "no" (error message).  I had accidently marked a student served in Social
> Studies, but was kicked back because they weren't ID'd in SS.
>

> Ken Markward
>
> Gifted Programs Supervisor
>
> Mercer County ESC
>
> 441 E. Market St.
>
> Celina, Ohio  45822
>
> 419-586-6628
>   ------------------------------
>

> On Nov 11, 2014, at 1:29 PM, Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List <
> ohiogift at lists.osu.edu> wrote:
>
>  If a high school student is identified only as superior cog and is
> taking an AP science class, is s/he reported as served in science???
>
> Can you report a student as served in a specific content area, if not
> identified in that area?

Sharon Kitchen, Gifted Supervisor
Madison-Champaign ESC
1512 South U.S. Highway 68