[Ohiogift] EdX offers MOOCs for High School students

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.osu.edu
Fri Sep 26 17:17:38 EDT 2014

Hi, all:

Thank you for being persistent and following up on my small message about MOOCS.  I can't see any reason for concealing these certificate fees instead of showing them up front before a student has to register and sacrifice his/her privacy .

I can see two paths forward (1) a letter-writing or editorializing effort and (2) "outing" the fees one by one by going on to the sites, registering, recording the fees and quitting. These can then be posted somewhere.

I'd suggest (1) followed if necessary by (2).

Is anyone else interested?

Margaret