[Ohiogift] Writing WAPs after first year

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.service.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 21 13:02:36 EDT 2014

The WAP is only for the first year of acceleration because the WAP really
should address the long term goals or impact you hope to see as a result
of the acceleration, not just specific goals for that year or the
particular content, like you might see on a WEP.

Yes, students are only considered accelerated for the first year, but that
doesn't mean they can't be documented as receiving other services in
subsequent years. If students go on to courses that are considered part of
your continuum of services, then a WEP is written and you can claim that
particular service just like any other student placed in that service- it
just wouldn't be another acceleration code. (Unless of course, the student
was accelerated again, skipping another level of course work. Then you
would need another WAP.)  Hopefully that makes sense?

Kelley Rains
Gifted Coordinator
South-Western City Schools
Phone: 614-801-6289

Have you told someone you appreciate their hard work today?

ohiogift at lists.service.ohio-state.edu on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 12:48