[Ohiogift] Online Courses.com?

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Fri May 9 00:58:38 EDT 2014

Friends:

I am being badgered by this person, who keeps writing to ask me to put this on my website.  At this point, I am about ready to ask OATAG to pull the listing off their website.

Does anyone know anything about this site/group?

All I know is it is apparently a business.  I haven't found any fraud alerts on it yet.

Thanks,

Margaret

I wanted to reach out to you to let you know of a supplemental education resource that would benefit gifted students as well as serving as a great complement to the resources found on your webpage.

Centered around the idea that success in the real world begins in the classroom, my team and I have researched, catalogued, and created a database of open courseware from the nation’s leading universities. Unlike other platforms, our design allows anyone interested in these courses to create their own course list and track their personal progress. Our site provides students with access to free, high-quality, college-level classes, across many subjects giving them the opportunity to explore different areas of study as well as supplementing their education.

We thought that our site and all its featured resources could be of interest to you and those who utilized your site. Other gifted students associations and educational institutions in the US have cited our resource on their websites, enabling students, educators and their families access to our database. Examples include:

·       Iowa Talented and Gifted Association, · http://www.iowatag.org/communication/educator/, listing us as “OnlineCourses.com”

·       Oregon Association for Talented and Gifted, ·   http://www.oatag.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1823703, listing us as “Online Courses”

·       Washington Association of Educators of the Talented and Gifted, ·       http://waetag.weebly.com/resources.html, listing us as “OnlineCourses.com”

·       State of Connecticut and their Education Network, ·     http://cen.ct.gov/cen/cwp/view.asp?a=4309&q=507168, listing us as “Online Courses”

We thought we would take the opportunity to reach out to you as you might find it useful as well. The resource is available to anyone, it does not involve any cost, and will be updated yearly. It would be great if you could provide access to the resource by placing a link to OnlineCourses.com from your page.

Here is a page on our site that might be of greatest interest to your students.
·       ·       http://www.onlinecourses.com/chemistry/
·       ·       http://www.onlinecourses.com/computerscience/
·       ·       http://www.onlinecourses.com/humanities/
·       ·       http://www.onlinecourses.com/language/
·       ·       http://www.onlinecourses.com/math/
·       ·       http://www.onlinecourses.com/science/
·       ·       http://www.onlinecourses.com/writing/
Please let me know what you think, I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,