[Ohiogift] Identifying students from the NWEA MAP

Jaclyn Rausch Jaclyn.Rausch at neomin.org
Thu Apr 24 09:54:15 EDT 2014

I am looking for some clarification on using the NWEA MAP to identify students as gifted in specific academic areas.  I see that on the class reports there is a column titled "Percentile (+/- Std Err)" and then three numbers for each student.  My question is should I identify those who have 95 or higher anywhere within the range?  For example, do I identify a student whose reported scores are 89-92-95?  I would appreciate any guidance on what other Ohio districts are doing.

Thank you!
Jackie

---
Jaclyn Rausch
Supervisor of ELA, Gifted and Talented
Trumbull County Educational Service Center
6000 Youngstown-Warren Rd.
Niles, Ohio 44446
(330)505-2800, ext. 107
"Leading for Educational Excellence"