[Ohiogift] To Track or not?

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Wed Jan 15 15:45:23 EST 2014

Friends:

Walt Gardner's blog on Education Week has an article on High School tracking

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/walt_gardners_reality_check/2014/01/to_track_or_not_to_track.html?cmp=ENL-EU-NEWS3

To Track or Not to Track?
By Walt Gardner on January 15, 2014 7:26 AM

In an ideal world, all students would possess equal aptitude and equal motivation.  But in public schools, this is not the case.  That's why I continue to be puzzled by efforts to prevent tracking....

Margaret comments:

. Everyone knows that high school isn't really about academics, it's all about athletics.
  To foster real equity in American education we would have to eliminate tracking  and get rid of all team sports and varsity athletics.

See The Palcuzzi ploy....
https://www.facebook.com/HoagiesGifted/posts/10151533825302240