[Ohiogift] Request for Resources: Looking for Free Online Resources for Independent Math and/or Science Study Modules

Eric C Calvert eric.calvert at northwestern.edu
Wed Jan 8 18:25:11 EST 2014

Hi Dwayne,

There's also some good stuff at http://teachertools.londongt.org/?page=resources and from the Open MIT initiative (aimed mostly at secondary students) at http://ocw.mit.edu/high-school/. NASA also has some cool educational resources at http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/#.Us3cspRATEg

Ohiorc has lots of good stuff, too. Just bear in mind that most of the stuff there is developed for a general audience, so it's a good idea to look at resources they've tagged as appropriate for kids a few grade levels above the grade level of your gifted students.

Also, here's a set of slides for a session I did at the OAGC Teacher Academy on "Online Tools for Independent Study" several years ago. http://www.slideshare.net/ecalvert1/online-tools-for-independent-study I'm sure many of the links are out-of-date by now, but the general guidelines stuff might still be relevant for you.

(Sorry for the belated response. I'm just now catching up to my list serves.)

Eric Calvert