[Ohiogift] OAA predictability

a kelagel1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 6 13:43:15 EDT 2013

Hello - I am in search of any evidence base regarding the predictability of the OAA test for success/failure of advanced courses. I have been unable to find any data that this test could predict failure.

My son entered into gifted programming in his 4th grade year and has been a very successful student. He is now in 7th grade. He scored in the Proficient range which was lower than he has in the past. Due to this lower score, his school bumped him from the Adv Language Course to the standard course.

I feel he is being wronged as his placement is based solely upon a test score. The principal of the school is steadfast in his decision and I am currently seeking outside sources to assist with my advocacy to return him to advanced course work.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.