[Ohiogift] BallPARCC Questions

Will Fitzhugh fitzhugh at tcr.org
Wed Aug 21 08:40:52 EDT 2013

1. If oxygen were removed from Earth's atmosphere, explain how that might
affect the sustainability of human life on our Planet. Include evidence from your
readings to support your argument and outline the steps which you took
in formulating your position on this important question.

2. All 44 U.S. Presidents have been male. If the next 44 Presidents were
female, explain the benefits for our foreign and domestic policies. Include
evidence from your readings to support your argument and outline the
steps which you took in formulating your position on this important question.

3. If all American annual incomes for working people could be set at the same
amount by law, explain how this would benefit our national productivity
and number of Nobel Prizes. Include evidence from your
readings to support your argument and outline the steps which you took
in formulating your position on this important question.

4. If the Sun went out, explain the effects of this on the obesity problem
in the United States. Include evidence from your
readings to support your argument and outline the steps which you took
in formulating your position on this important question.

5. If all Caucasian-Americans could be placed in comfortable internment
camps for the next twenty years, describe the benefits of this decision
for our economic growth and leadership in the world. Include evidence from your
readings to support your argument and outline the steps which you took
in formulating your position on this important question.

6. If the boards and executives of our corporations could be formed
solely of women by law, explain how this would benefit job formation,
economic growth and the raising of children in America. Include evidence from your
readings to support your argument and outline the steps which you took
in formulating your position on this important question.

7. If, as Albert Gore pointed out, e pluribus unum really means, "From
One, Many," explain how greatly increased public funding for all the cultural
groups in America, including the Crow, Apache, Arapahoe,
Comanche, Pueblo, Zuni, Sioux, Illinois, Iroquois, Huron, Pequot,
Mohican, Seminole, and Delaware, among others, would benefit our society.
Include evidence from your readings to support your argument and
outline the steps which you took in formulating your position on this important question.

8. If Supreme Court decisions did not rely on precedent, and if we could
finally stop teaching history in the schools, court decisions could be made
more swiftly and our students could look into the future unburdened with
concerns about the Past. Include evidence from your readings to support your argument and
outline the steps which you took in formulating your position on this important question.

---------------------------
“Teach by Example”
Will Fitzhugh [founder]
The Concord Review [1987]