[Ohiogift] Recent Update - On State Budget & Gifted Funding

Bodart, Barbara (Licking County ESC) bbodart at laca.org
Fri May 31 09:16:04 EDT 2013

While the House voted to establish gifted units which would help to fund GIS and coordinators, the Senate looks to returning to the governor's original proposal.  That is why Ann Sheldon and OAGC are working for you to ensure gifted children have appropriate people to serve them.  It is IMPERATIVE that you go to the advocacy alerts at oagc.com and email, call, or go in person to the Senators on the finance committee and your own Senator.  Have your super contact his rep too.

The Senators really need to hear from the people they represent.
Barb

Barb Bodart, Coordinator of Gifted Services
Licking County Educational Service Center
675 Price Road, Newark, Ohio 43055
740-349-6096  FAX 740-349-6107