[Ohiogift] Early entrance to kindergarten assessment

Anne Flick anneflick at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 17:07:56 EDT 2013

That is interesting Colleen.  I would love to learn criteria you have found that helped you in the process to consider for a student with IQ<115.

Another point is that the WISC publisher now notes that GAI is more accurate than FSIQ for some gifted children.  I'm not sure if the 3rd ed. of the IAS includes this updated protocol.

Another IAS automatic contraindicator for acceleration is if the child would be placed into a grade at the same level or a level above an older sibling.  Plenty of families of PG children have ignored this caveat with no issues in their families.  Some kids are so profoundly gifted that it would be cruel to hold them behind a sibling, and where sibling difficulties arise, they manage them because the younger child's academic needs are so extreme.

Karen, thank you for sharing your district's resources.

Anne