[Ohiogift] Common Core and Gifted

Angela Grimm aecrowder at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 09:34:04 EDT 2013

Thanks to Will for sending this article this morning as my district spoke to parents of gifted this week about the Common Core rollout.  Many parents were VERY worried about the inadequacy of the common core for gifted learners.  I have shared a number of resources with families to review that validate this concern--in states where rollout has already happened.  Please send me directly any similar resources you might have (aecrowder at yahoo.com)  or post for all to see.

http://www.examiner.com/article/common-core-state-standards-do-not-obviate-the-need-for-gifted-education

http://giftedissues.davidsongifted.org/BB/ubbthreads.php/topics/138251/1.html

http://www.nagc.org/CommonCoreStateStandards.aspx

http://www.nagc.org/uploadedFiles/Information_and_Resources/Common_Core_State_Standards/common%20core%20state%20standards%20statement%20(6-2-10).pdf