[Ohiogift] OAGC February News Flash: Advocacy, Academies and More

anngift at aol.com anngift at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 14:57:37 EST 2013

For a colorful version of this update with live links, please go to
http://www.oagc.com/?q=flash

OAGC December News Flash: Deadlines and Advocacy Update

Professional Development

Teacher Academy Call for Proposals Due in December

The OAGC Teacher 2013 Spring Teacher Academy will be held on March 18 and 19,
2013 at the Columbus Doubletree in Worthington. The call for proposal is posted
on the OAGC website at [1]http://www.oagc.com?q=TeacherAcademy. Proposals are
due December 15, 2012. If you need additional time to submit a proposal, please
email Ann Sheldon at [2]anngift at aol.com .
Policy/Advocacy

Lame Duck Activity -- HB 555
HB 555, the bill that overhauls education accountability has passed the Ohio
House and is being debated in the Ohio Senate. There are some major
changes/improvements for the accountability for gifted children in the bill.
While this bill is still very fluid, we will know more about the final outcome
next week. For a look at the current provisions in the bill, please go to the
OAGC Advocacy Alerts page at [3]http://www.oagc.com/?q=advocacyalert[4] .
General Information

Donate to OAGC

As the year ends, and you consider charitable donations, please remember that
OAGC is the only organization in Ohio advocating on the behalf of gifted
children. We hope that you will consider a donation to OAGC by going to the
following link [5]http://www.oagc.com/q=donations.

Social Media Connections
Do you Tweet? Follow the OAGC Advocacy Updates by following Anngift at
[6]www.twitter.com/anngift .

Are you on Facebook? Become a fan of OAGC by clicking on
[7]http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/pages/Ohio-Association-for-Gifted-Children
/297512603982?ref=ts .