[Ohiogift] Post Secondary Eligibility

Bohland, Mark mbohland at mvcsd.us
Thu Jan 31 16:26:45 EST 2013

Good Afternoon All,

This is probably an old question, but it just came up for the first time here so......

With regard to taking classes via post secondary enrollment:

 1.  Are there State of Ohio limits to the age a student must be or the “grade” he/she is in?

 2.  What if there is a younger student who is already taking mostly high school courses – would that make a difference?

 3.  Are there other limits set by colleges and universities? Can they be more restrictive than State Limits?

 4.  Can local school districts set different more restrictive limits?

 5.  Is there "official stuff" somewhere answering these questions, that can be copied and given to parents - or linked to.

Informational meetings are coming up for older students (we're not involved), and parents of some of our younger students are asking.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

PS – Should my questions be the same for “dual enrollment?” If so, would the answers be the same?

Mark Bohland, M.Ed., M.Photog.
Columbia, East, Pleasant Street, Wiggin Street
& Central Office for Challenge Seminar