[Ohiogift] California education funding news

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Wed Nov 14 18:02:14 EST 2012

Friends:
?
California voters last week passed a watershed piece of legislation that funds and solidifies state education with a $6 billion increase (a quarter-percent sales tax boost, along with a nibble-tax on high-level incomes, I believe).
?
Does anyone know if any of those funds are earmarked for gifted education? Is there anything that might serve as a financing model for Ohio, to -- I'm dreaming -- address statewide school funding inequities that have lingered since the almost-forgotten (and ignored) DeRolph rulings by the Ohio Supreme Court?
?
Sign me "Always on the lookout for good news,"
Art Snyder

?