[Ohiogift] nagc

Croft, Laurie J laurie-croft at uiowa.edu
Mon Nov 12 15:00:03 EST 2012

Hi Lori,

Are you trying this address:  http://www.nagc.org/ ?

I just tried it, and found lots of available things-there ARE parts of the site that are password protected for members of NAGC, but you should see this at the top:

what is gifted?
Gifted individuals are those who demonstrate outstanding levels of aptitude or competence in one or more domains.
NAGC Pre-K-Grade 12
Gifted Programming Standards<http://www.nagc.org/ProgrammingStandards.aspx>
I thought I would respond to you, just so I could let you and others who might be attending know that the Belin-Blank Center for Gifted Education, a part of the College of Education at the University of Iowa, is one place offering credit for those attending NAGC.  You can enroll for either one or two hours of credit, and we provide an automatic tuition scholarship, so you pay $220 per hour (half the cost of graduate-level tuition.

You can find the syllabus and registration form here:  http://www.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/Educators/Courses/Schedule.aspx#7P:194:WKA.  We ask you to use the paper form and either mail it to us, or scan it and email it back, just so we remember to give you the tuition break!

I hope we get to see some of you there!

Laurie Croft

Laurie J. Croft, Ph.D.
Administrator, Professional Development
The Connie Belin & Jacqueline N. Blank International Center
  for Gifted Education and Talent Development
600 Blank Honors Center
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA  52242-0454
319/335-6148  800/336-6463
Fax 319/335-5151
e-mail:  laurie-croft at uiowa.edu<mailto:laurie-croft at uiowa.edu>
http://www.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank

Nurturing Potential | Inspiring Excellence