[Ohiogift] Fwd:TeachPlus Survey

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Sun Oct 28 17:36:35 EDT 2012

Friends:

With reference to the TeachPlus survey, included in the PEN Newsblast this week, I was intrigued by the finding that:

>teachers across the experience spectrum are nearly unanimous: time in the school day for collaboration; more flexible class groupings; and better teacher preparation

http://www.teachplus.org/uploads/Documents/1350917768_Teach%20Plus%20Great%20Expectations.pdf

The table itself is Figure 8 on page 10 of the report.  Unfortunately, the report itself avoids discussing this finding completely.  I am still wondering what teachers had in mind when they mentioned "flexible class groupings" as a high priority.  Was it proficiency-based grouping?  A mix of larger and smaller class sizes?  Cluster grouping?  Something else?  Whatever it means, teachers want it and the authors apparently don't want to talk about it.

Margaret

the actual report includes flexible class groupings