[OHIOBWG] 2024 Ohio Bat Blitz

Titchenell, Marne titchenell.4 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 6 11:54:48 EST 2024

We are so excited to share that the 2024 Ohio Bat Blitz with be on August 23-24 at the Grand River Conservation Campus, located in Rock Creek, Ashtabula County! We are very fortunate to have some amazing hosts this year collaborating to make this blitz a success – The Nature Conservancy, Western Reserve Land Conservancy, and ODNR. We will be sharing more details as the year progress, but for now, we need to see who is willing to participate (i.e., permitted folks that can lead/help at netting sites, folks who can handle bats, students and others that need netting experience, educators/volunteers that can help with outreach or with planning efforts, etc.).

Please fill out the below survey, by Feb. 29th.
https://forms.office.com/r/SxS2ZwmH4w<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.office.com/r/SxS2ZwmH4w__;!!KGKeukY!xxJDEPfnzHI5IjjZsemtG57ugr1FK5-Ac859XnaX85exoeIzGWzRQXQ6FtkbvEgnlVvDDIUPv9Ni9CvT6RA8qvL_DM0$>

We realize that things may change over the next 6-7 months, but it will be much easier to scale things down than it will be to try to accommodate people last minute. We will be in touch with those who are interested in early March.

If you have questions, please contact Marne Titchenell (titchenell.4 at osu.edu<mailto:titchenell.4 at osu.edu>) and Eileen Wyza (Eileen.Wyza at dnr.ohio.gov<mailto:Eileen.Wyza at dnr.ohio.gov>). (We’ve been passed the torch from Sarah and Jeff 😉)

Thanks everyone – have a great rest of the week!
Marne and Eileen

[The Ohio State University]
Marne A. Titchenell
Wildlife Program Director, OSU Extension
School of Environment and Natural Resources
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences

210 Kottman Hall, 2021 Coffey Rd, Columbus, OH 43210

614-292-0402  Office
titchenell.4 at osu.edu<mailto:titchenell.4 at osu.edu>  u.osu.edu/wildside<https://u.osu.edu/wildside/>
woodlandstewards.osu.edu<https://woodlandstewards.osu.edu/>  senr.osu.edu<https://senr.osu.edu/>