[OHIOBWG] Request for Old/refurbished acoustic detectors

Titchenell, Marne titchenell.4 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 16 10:26:14 EST 2016

Anyone looking to get rid of old detectors? They would go to a good cause – see below:

From: Klavdija Jenko [mailto:klavdija at ecologyproject.org]
My name is Klavdija Jenko and I work for an environmental NGO called Ecology Project International dedicated to empowering next generation conservation leaders through education in the field in collaboration with scientists. We are doing that through field courses for high school students among other things. This year we are starting a new program on the continental Ecuador in the Amazon and Andes and we will start with pilot courses in March 2017. The reason I am writing to you is that we would like to learn more about bats in Ecuador on our courses and one great way to do that would be through listening to them. The problem is, however that we are very limited on funds for the equipment and I was wondering if you could share this email with different bat working groups you are working with (southeastern bat diversity network and mwbwg). It can be any old bat detectors available, such as the Anabat SD1 or refurbished, discounted acoustic detectors, including heterodyne detectors.

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Best wishes,

Klavdija

--

Klavdija Jenko l Coordinadora Programa Amazonia-Andes l Amazon-Andes Program Coordinator

Calle Ita y Avenida Chofer

Tena, Napo, Ecuador

Teléfonos: 593.5.3013266/593.9.8880.3060

www.ecologyproject.org<http://www.ecologyproject.org/>

Skype: klaudia at ecologyproject.org<mailto:klaudia at ecologyproject.org>