[OHIOBWG] FW: Initiation of 5-year reviews for for nine animal and two plant species

Titchenell, Marne titchenell.4 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 8 11:03:34 EDT 2014

From: Boyer, Angela [mailto:angela_boyer at fws.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:12 AM
To: Angela Boyer; Jennifer Finfera
Cc: Mary Knapp
Subject: Initiation of 5-year reviews for for nine animal and two plant species

Dear Interested Party,

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has initiated 5-year status reviews under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended (Act), for nine animal and two plant species. A 5-year status review is based on the best scientific and commercial data available at the time of the review; therefore, we are requesting submission of any such information that has become available since the last review for the species.

We are initiating 5-year status reviews under the Act, for nine animal and two plant species:

Gray bat (Myotis grisescens)
Indiana bat (Myotis sodalis)
Piping plover-Great Lakes breeding population (Charadrius melodus)
Piping plover–Atlantic Coast and Northern Great Plains populations (Charadrius melodus)
Scioto madtom (Noturus trautmani)
Curtis’ Pearlymussel (Epioblasma florentina curtisi)
Purple cat’s paw (Epioblasma (=dysnomia) obliquata obliquata)
Scaleshell mussel (Leptodea leptodon)
Higgins eye (Lampsilis higginsii)
Pitcher’s thistle (Cirsium pitcheri)
Lakeside daisy (Hymenoxys herbacea (=H. acaulis var. glabra))

Please refer to the table in the attached Federal Register notice for the appropriate contact for submission of new information.

Sincerely,
Angela Boyer
Endangered Species Coordinator for Ohio
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service