[OHIOBWG] Fw: KBWG - Wrapping Up Cave Surveys

Katrina Schultes kschultes at fs.fed.us
Mon Mar 14 11:27:26 EDT 2011

Kentucky caves still appear WNS-clean!

My understanding is - Preble Co. mine in Ohio is also still clean.  We're
following up on a suspicious bat at the Wayne NF hibernaculum - will keep
you posted.

Katrina

Katrina Schultes
Wildlife Biologist
Wayne National Forest
13700 U.S. Hwy 33, Nelsonville, OH 45764
740-753-0901 / fax: 740-753-0118
kschultes at fs.fed.us
----- Forwarded by Katrina Schultes/R9/USDAFS on 03/14/2011 11:24 AM -----

"Slack, Brooke (FW)" <Brooke.Slack at ky.gov>
03/14/2011 11:13 AM

cc

Subject
KBWG - Wrapping Up Cave Surveys

All-

We are wrapping up the cave surveys and WNS surveillance and monitoring
efforts for KY.  If you have data sheets, please send them to me ASAP so I
can start tallying numbers and counting noses.  To date, we did not find
any signs of WNS nor did any of the bats sent off for testing come back
positive.  We may make it out of another winter WNS clean, so keep your
fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Brooke Slack
Bat Ecologist
KY Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources
#1 Sportsman's Lane
Frankfort, KY  40601

Office - 502.564.7109 ext. 4573
Mobile - 502.221.1378
Fax - 502.564.4519
Email - brooke.slack at ky.gov
Website - http://fw.ky.gov/

"The bat is the climax of creation in many things, highly developed in
brain, marvelously keen in senses, clad in exquisite fur and equipped,
above all, with the crowning glory of flight" - Ernest Thompson Seton

Did you know...Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources receive NO state
tax dollars and manages fish and wildlife for all citizens?
Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender, by e-mail, and destroy all copies of
the original message.