[Natfinwellness] Project FREE looking for information handouts

Brenda Eichelberger brendae at pdx.edu
Tue Sep 13 17:59:34 EDT 2016

The FTC has a great list of resource links: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Matt J. Goren <mjgoren at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello fellow educators!
>
> Project FREE is a grant-funded project to help improve the lives of foster
> and single parents in North Georgia. "Discovering Money Solutions" is the
> financial literacy component provided by the University of Georgia
> financial planning program, of which I'm a faculty member.
>
> As we construct the modules for DMS, we'd like to provide informational
> handouts to our adult student-clients. Topics we're considering include
> free tax filing resources (e.g., VITA and Turbo Tax Freedom Edition) as
> well as how-to guides for opening a Roth IRA to purchase index funds.
>
> Rather than re-invent the wheel, we're hoping to leverage the national
> financial literacy community's resources. To that end, do any of you have
> or know of a good set of 1 to 2 page handouts and guides that we could
> distribute?
>
> Once I've compiled these resources, I will happily share the list with the
> listserv (if there isn't already a great list). I'll now plug a couple
> lists I already know of:
>
> 1. Colin Ryan and his team have compiled a great list of resources that
> are well-suited to classroom demonstrations: http://www.colinryanspeaks.
> com/resources/
> 2. Sante Fe College's Smart Investing program also has a good list of
> articles, books, and websites well-suited for self-guided learning:
> http://dept.sfcollege.edu/library/library_guides/financial_literacy/
> 3. Edutopia has a great list of guides and activities for kids and teens:
> http://www.edutopia.org/financial-literacy-resources-guide
> 4. The US Treasury has compiled a list of all sorts of things financial
> literacy, so enormous that no single person could ever read through it all:
> https://www.occ.gov/topics/community-affairs/resource-directories/
> financial-literacy/index-financial-literacy.html
> 5. The Financial Planning Association supposedly has a list of resources
> but it is not clear to me whether they are available online. I will share
> them as soon as I receive their call back.
>
> Thank you for your time and help!
>
> *Matt J. Goren <http://www.mattgoren.com/>, PhD
> <http://psychology.berkeley.edu/>*
> Financial Literacy Educator, Advisor, & Consultant
> || mjgoren at gmail.com | (706)202-5566 <706-202-5566> | Dawson Hall Room 262
> <https://www.google.com/maps/place/College+of+Family+and+Consumer+Sciences/@33.9472825,-83.3735964,15z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sdawson+hall!3m4!1s0x0:0x6888aec4654b4e49!8m2!3d33.9470202!4d-83.3756679>
> || Candidate for CFP® Board Certification <http://www.cfp.net/>
> <http://www.cfp.net/>
>
> <http://www.fcs.uga.edu/fhce> ||  <http://www.aspireclinic.org/> ||
> <http://www.fcs.uga.edu/hmre/projectfree> ||  <http://www.arete-ws.com/>
>  ||  <http://www.beyondberkeley.com/>

Brenda Eichelberger, Sr. Instructor  II
Management & Finance
School of Business Administration
Portland State University

SBA / 631 SW Harrison St./ Portland, OR 97201
(503) 725-8143/ Brendae at pdx.edu

Web <http://www.pdx.edu/sba/> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/psu.sba>
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHR9FtQq709Uw2MEechNfpbP4V578OX8e>
<https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=19203&goback=.pth_%2a1_%2a1_%2a1_%2a1_%2a1_%2a1_%2a1&trk=feed-body-name>
 | Instagram <https://instagram.com/pdxbschool/> | Pinterest
<https://www.pinterest.com/psusba/>

"One person can make a difference, and everyone should try."

                                             ~ John F. Kennedy