[Natfinwellness] Debt Letter

Nate Peterson pete2787 at umn.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:31:29 EDT 2016

At the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, we have incorporated this
"letter" into our student's MyU internet portal (Borrower History is what
we call it). When students are accepting financial aid each year, students
are required to acknowledge their debt load through a borrower history page
that pops up. The data is a snap shot of information currently, but we are
exploring live data for future roll outs. We currently only show loans
through their education at the University of Minnesota (including private),
but our One Stop Counselors, who have all completed certifications in
Personal Financial Management, can log into the staff side of NSLDS to talk
with students about their overall education loans that are present in the
system. We also include instructions on how students can decrease their
current loans, as well as resources at the University and beyond (such as
NSLDS).

Nate