[Natfinwellness] Financial Literacy Month Ideas

Pellegrini, Andrea apelleg3 at uillinois.edu
Thu Mar 24 10:27:30 EDT 2016

Hello Jemika!

We typically participate in Money Smart Week too, but we decided not to put as much effort into it as usual since it is so late in the month. However, you can plan private events the week before and week after official money smart week to be included in the national database. We also promote local Money Smart Week events if people are interested in attending even though it’s so close to finals.

We also run a savings competition between America Saves Week (in February) that closes in April, in honor of financial literacy month. You could easily run a digital campaign just through April if you wanted. If you want to read more about our savings competition, you can visit our website at http://universityillinoissaves.org. America Saves is very helpful in putting the structure together and giving you marketing materials and content.

And then of course we do programs throughout the month on financial topics. :)

Feel free to contact me if you have questions!
Andrea

Andrea Pellegrini, Assistant Director

USFSCO – Providing Solutions
Student Money Management Center
P: 217.333.6228<tel:217.333.6228>
apelleg3 at uillinois.edu<mailto:apelleg3 at uillinois.edu>

studentmoney.uillinois.edu<http://studentmoney.uillinois.edu/>
paymybill.uillinois.edu<http://paymybill.uillinois.edu/>

University of Illinois
Urbana-Champaign, Chicago, Springfield

obfs.uillinois.edu<x-apple-msg-load://63862CD5-9DEC-4094-AD97-16228078259E/OBFS.uillinois.edu>

SMMC is on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ILStudentMoney> <http://www.facebook.com/ILStudentMoney> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ilstudentmoney> <https://twitter.com/ilstudentmoney> | Instagram<http://instagram.com/ILStudentMoney> | <https://foursquare.com/ilstudentmoney> Y<http://youtube.com/ILStudentMoney>ouTube<http://youtube.com/ILStudentMoney>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University employees regarding University business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.