[Natfinwellness] Credit Scores (Starting Score)

Moody, Katherine moodyk at ripon.edu
Fri Jun 24 12:46:09 EDT 2016

Hello,

My guess is that you've seen conflicting things on this topic because the
credit score formulas used are proprietary and secret. Since different
companies use different formulas and information in determining your credit
score, there is no standard beginning score.

The CFPB has a lot of good, unbiased information on this topic:
http://www.consumerfinance.gov/askcfpb/search/?selected_facets=category_exact:understanding-credit-reports-and-scores

The FTC as well: https://www.consumer.gov/articles/1009-your-credit-history

Hope this helps,

Kate Moody