[Natfinwellness] TG releases it's 5th research report on student loan counseling

Webster, Jeff jeff.webster at tgslc.org
Fri Feb 19 10:49:47 EST 2016

For the past two years, TG and the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) have collaborated on a series of groundbreaking reports examining the efficacy of student loan counseling. We are pleased to announce the release of our 5th report, Effective Counseling, Empowered Borrowers: An Evidence-Based Policy Agenda for Informed Student Loan Borrowing and Repayment<http://www.tgslc.org/pdf/Effective-Counseling-Empowered-Borrowers.pdf>.

The other reports in the series and previous media coverage can be found here<http://www.tgslc.org/research/counseling.cfm>. The four earlier reports are:

o   An interview and observation-based study on the borrower experience with online student loan exit counseling (From Passive to Proactive: Understanding and Improving the Borrower Experience with Online Student Loan Exit Counseling<http://www.tgslc.org/pdf/From-Passive-to-Proactive.pdf>)

o   An interview and observation-based study on the borrower experience with online student loan entrance counseling A Time to Every Purpose: Understanding and Improving the Borrower Experience with Online Student Loan Entrance Counseling<http://www.tgslc.org/pdf/Time-to-Every-Purpose.pdf>

o   A literature review on loan counseling and financial education, combined with a history of legislation, regulations, and major government actions pertinent to federal student loan counseling  INFORMED OR OVERWHELMED? A Legislative History of Student Loan Counseling with a Literature Review on the Efficacy of Loan Counseling<http://www.tgslc.org/pdf/Informed-or-Overwhelmed.pdf>;

o   A study of the promising practices in financial literacy training and student loan counseling currently employed at schools whose student loan borrowers outperform expectations (Above and Beyond: What Eight Colleges Are Doing to Improve Student Loan Counseling<http://www.tgslc.org/pdf/Above-and-Beyond.pdf>);

Please let me know if you have any questions or have suggestions for other opportunities to share this information.

Thanks!

Jeff Webster
Direct of Research
TG