[Natfinwellness] Financial Education Expert Adam Carroll to Speak at #NSCFW16

Schuman, Philip Andrew phaschum at iu.edu
Tue Feb 16 13:02:08 EST 2016

[cid:0E50B644-7E59-4146-9C29-7A3CC7BDF329]

Happy Tuesday everyone,

We are pleased to announce the 2nd keynote speaker for the 2016 National Summit on Collegiate Financial Wellness: Financial Education Expert Adam Carroll

Adam Carroll is one of the top financial educators in the country, and a prominent voice when it comes to student loan debt issues. Having presented at over 600 colleges and Universities nationwide, hundreds of leadership symposiums, and TEDx events at both the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and the London Business School, Adam’s take on financial literacy and education is both refreshing and inspiring.

After realizing that the majority of students have no idea how much they’ve borrowed or what their payments will be, Adam successfully crowd-funded a documentary on student loan debt, raising nearly $70,000 in 45 days. The film, Broke Busted & Disgusted is currently available online (www.BrokeBustedDisgusted.com<http://www.BrokeBustedDisgusted.com>) and will soon be available through public television, Netflix, iTunes, and cable networks throughout the country. The mission of the film is to start a national debate about changing the way we fund college and not crippling 20 somethings with mountains of debt.

The film takes a hard look at the causes and repercussions of student loans through the eyes of high school and college students, parents, recent graduates, and higher education professionals. Educators, families and students who have watched the film have provided feedback that is both telling and scary as to the state of college funding preparedness.

In an attempt to stop the problem before it starts, Adam’s book Winning The Money Game, and corresponding curriculum, are being used in high schools and colleges as a financial literacy supplement.  Students and educators are calling it a “game-changer” when it comes to handling money. His new books The Money Savvy Student & The Money Savvy Parent are due out in late Summer 2016.

Adam works closely with Colleges and Universities to educate students about being more Money Savvy and taking 100% responsibility for their financial future. He is a frequent contributor to the Huffington Post, and has been featured on MSN Money and Fox Business. Adam lives with his wife and 3 children in Clive, Iowa.

We are also excited that Adam will be providing a free screening of his film, “Broke Busted and Disgusted," as well as a follow-up conversation during the Summit on Thursday, June 16, 2016 from 1 – 3pm.  We are thankful to Adam for his willingness to share his film with us.

To see Adam speak at #NSCFW16 go to our registration page (http://www.nscfw.org/#!registration/ra5bk) and sign up. The early-bird rate ($180) is available until the end of the month when prices go up to $220.  Also, please feel free to submit a proposal for #NSCFW16 by visiting http://www.nscfw.org/#!submit-a-proposal/g2x3u

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at summit at nscfw.org<mailto:summit at nscfw.org>.  We look forward to seeing you in June!

Phil and Bryan

[pastedGraphic.png]

Phil Schuman

Director of Financial Literacy

980 Indiana Ave., #4415

Indianapolis, IN 46202

317.274.7430 / phaschum at iu.edu<mailto:phaschum at iu.edu>

[cid:404249C4-69DE-43CD-BB3C-806E488AD8E2]