[Natfinwellness] Personal Financial Management Certification

Claudia Montesano cmontesano at berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 13 11:56:33 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

Happy Friday!

Our office at UC Berkeley has a peer-to-peer financial literacy program and
we have been considering ways to have our peers go through some sort of
certification process in addition to the training we provide. We think this
would be beneficial both to better prepare them to meet with students and
to invest in their professional development.

We just discovered the Inceptia Personal Financial Management Certification
program for higher education professionals, peer counselors, and college
administrators: http://www.inceptiacpfm.org/. Have any of you had your
staff or peers go through this certification and can you provide feedback
on the program? Does anyone have their staff or peers go through a
different certification program?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Best regards,

Claudia Montesano
Financial Literacy and Outreach Coordinator
Financial Aid and Scholarships Office
University of California Berkeley