[Natfinwellness] How to run a "Game of Life"?

Moody, Katherine moodyk at ripon.edu
Thu Dec 17 12:24:41 EST 2015

Hello,

At the conference last summer one event that a few schools had done was a
"Game of Life" where there are multiple tables set out, each one
representing a different need/want (housing, food, transportation,
insurance, etc.). Students have a certain amount of money and go from table
to table getting everything they want while staying within their budget.
I'd like to do a similar event here in January as part of our MLK week
events, the theme being "economic justice."

As I'm starting from scratch, I was hoping those of you who have done this
kind of program could tell me how you ran it. A few questions I have are:

What needs/wants were represented?
What forms did you use for the tables? for the students?
How did you come up with pricing?
What were your rules?
How many people does it take to man?
What props will we need?

*Any tips, links, printouts would be much appreciated!*
Cheers,

Kate Moody
@librarikate <https://twitter.com/librarikate>

Access Services Librarian