[Natfinwellness] International Students & Credit Reports

Brenda J Cude bcude at uga.edu
Fri Dec 4 13:36:26 EST 2015

I checked with a nationally known expert on credit reports and scores and here's what he said.

IF an international student has a credit report, they wouldn't be able to use the online options to pull a credit report because those all require a SSN. They'd have to write to the bureaus and then likely respond to the bureau's request for alternate identification.

Brenda J. Cude, Ph.D.
Professor and Undergraduate Coordinator
Department of Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics
102 Consumer Research Center
College of Family and Consumer Sciences
The University of Georgia
706-542-4857
http://www.linkedin.com/in/brendacude/
bcude at uga.edu<https://bluprd0210.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=vOIcKdF-3E-1tQaJcKgYQF7RyIsVntAImS-Xqj8YC7a38WwtY4lVWDFxHZFCLgm286cvpkiARdE.&URL=mailto%3asworthy%40uga.edu>
Mailing Address: Department of Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics, Dawson Hall, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602